(A) Meetings; quorum; action
The commission will act only at a meeting conducted in accordance with this rule. Four members of the commission constitutes a quorum. No action will be taken by the commission without the concurrence of four members of the commission. Where necessary, Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised will be used as a guide to the proceedings of the commission.
(B) Notice of meetings
(1) Meetings of the commission shall be:
(a) Held in accordance with a schedule adopted by the commission; or
(b) Scheduled at a previous meeting of the commission; or
(c) Called by the chair or a majority of the members with written notice to each member at least five days prior to the meeting, in the case of notice by mail, or at least one day prior to the meeting, in the case of notice by telephone, facsimile, electronic mail, or other communication method used by the commission. Notice of meetings will specify the time and place of the meeting.
(2) Notice of a meeting may be waived by a commission member either before or after the meeting. Attendance at a meeting will constitute waiver of notice by a commission member, unless the member objects to holding the meeting on the ground of lack of notice or insufficiency of notice, either during the meeting or within a reasonable time thereafter.
(C) Public notice of meetings
(2) The commission may post meeting notices on its web site.
(3) Any person may obtain notice of the time and place of any regularly scheduled meeting, and the time, place, and purpose of any special or emergency meeting, by requesting notice before the close of the business day prior to the meeting from the commission in one of these ways:
(a) Writing to: "Ohio Ethics Commission, 30 West Spring Street L3, Columbus, Ohio 43215;"
(b) Calling the office of the commission, during normal business hours, at the following telephone number: (614) 466-7090;
(c) Sending a facsimile to the office of the commission at the following facsimile number: (614) 466-8368; or
(d) Sending an electronic mail request to the following electronic mail address: email@example.com.
(4) Any person may obtain notice of all scheduled meetings by sending a written request to the commission via mail, facsimile or electronic mail to the mailing address, facsimile number, or electronic mail address provided in paragraph (C)(2) of this rule. The request must include sufficient information such that the commission may contact the person under the provisions of this rule. Notice to a publication or radio or television station will be limited to one representative. The commission will maintain a list of persons who have requested notice of all meetings.
(a) In the event of a meeting not of an emergency nature, the commission will notify all persons who have requested notice in accordance with the provisions in this rule by at least one of the following means:
(i) Written notice mailed at least four calendar days prior to the day of the meeting;
(ii) Notification by telephone at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting. Such telephone notice will be considered completed if a message has been left for the person, or if the commission has made a reasonable effort but been unable to provide such telephone notice;
(iii) Notice by facsimile at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting;
(iv) Notification by electronic mail at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting.
(b) In the event of an emergency meeting, the commission will notify all listed persons by the means outlined in paragraph (C)(3)(a) of this rule.
In the case of such an emergency meeting, the notice must be given as soon as possible after the emergency meeting is scheduled.
The chair in consultation with the executive director will prepare an agenda for each regularly scheduled meeting. The agenda will be distributed to the commission members at least five days prior to each scheduled meeting. In the event of a special or emergency meeting, the chair, commission member, or executive director who calls the meeting of the commission will prepare an agenda for the meeting and include a copy of the agenda with the notice of the meeting distributed to commission members.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 121.22 , 102.05
Rule Amplifies: 102.05
Prior Effective Dates: 2/23/76, 7/16/77, 6/8/81, 1/1/02, 11/29/07, 2/26/12