(A) Except as otherwise provided in sections 102.02, 102.06, and 102.07 of the Revised Code and Chapters 102-7 and 102-9 of the Administrative Code, all personal information records of the commission will be maintained in accordance with Chapter 1347. of the Revised Code.
(B) The executive director will designate a staff member to be directly responsible for the personal information system. Such person will maintain all personal records In accordance with Chapters 102. and 1347. of the Revised Code, and shall:
(1) Inform each employee who has any responsibility for the operation or maintenance of the system, or for the use of personal information maintained in the system, of the applicable provisions of Chapter 1347. of the Revised Code and of all rules adopted In accordance with that chapter.
(2) Specify disciplinary measures to be applied to any employee who initiates or otherwise contributes to any disciplinary or other punitive action against any individual who brings to the attention of appropriate authorities, the press, or any member of the public, evidence of unauthorized use of information contained in the system.
(3) Inform a person who is asked to supply personal information for a system whether the person is legally required to, or may refuse to, supply the information.
(4) Monitor the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, and completeness of the personal information in the system and, in accordance with the procedures, maintain the personal information in the system with the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, and completeness that is necessary to assure fairness in any determination made with respect to a person on the basis of the information.
(5) Take reasonable precautions to protect personal information in the system from unauthorized modification, destruction, use, or disclosure.
(6) Assure the collection, maintenance and use of only personal information which is necessary and relevant to the functions the commission is required or authorized to perform by statute, ordinance, code, or rule and the elimination of such information when it is no longer necessary and relevant to those functions.
(7) Provide a person, who is asked to supply personal information that will be placed in an interconnected or combined system, with information relevant to the system, including the identity of the other agencies or organizations that have access to the information In the system.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 1347.05, 1347.071
Rule Amplifies: 102.02, 102.03, 102.05, 102.07, Chapter 1347.
Prior Effective Dates: 2/23/76, 7/16/77, 6/8/81, 1/1/02