(A) The commission may establish an investigative committee to assist in performing its investigative authority. The investigative committee will be composed of fewer than four commission members.
(B) The investigative committee will meet to perform the following activities:
(1) Prioritize pending complaints and charges;
(2) Direct staff in setting investigative priorities based on the list;
(3) Review and prioritize complaints and charges to be opened as inquiries, investigations or settlement referrals;
(4) Review pending investigations; and
(5) Other duties as assigned by the commission.
(C) The investigative committee may recommend to the commission whether to open a matter as an inquiry or investigation or refer the matter for settlement.