(A) Any person may obtain information concerning the criminal record of any other person maintained at the bureau of criminal identification and investigation by submitting the following:
(1) The complete name, current address, and other identifying characteristics of the individual whose records are sought;
(2) A complete set of fingerprints of the individual whose records are sought;
(3) The signed consent of the individual whose records are sought;
(4) A business check, money order, or electronic payment in the amount of twenty-two dollars made payable to the "Treasurer of State of Ohio." Law enforcement officers as defined in division (K) of section 2901.01 of the Revised Code will be exempt from this fee.
(B) The foregoing shall be submitted to the bureau of criminal identification and investigation in one of the following ways:
(1) Through the mail to the "Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, P.O. Box 365, London, Ohio 43140."
(2) Electronically in a format designated by the superintendent.
(C) "Other identifying characteristics" means date of birth, social security number, height, weight, sex, race, and nationality.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/14/2007 and 01/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 109.57(E)
Rule Amplifies: 109.57(E)
Prior Effective Dates: 9/30/84, 8/1/91, 6/1/01