(A) Who is required to complete the basic course:
(1) Those persons set out in division (A) of section 109.71 of the Revised Code;
(2) A training recruit as defined in paragraph (H) of rule 109:2-1-02 of the Administrative Code;
(3) Any person employed in a position statutorily required to complete the basic training course.
(B) Who may attend the basic course
(1) An open enrollment student as defined in paragraph (I) of rule 109:2-1-02 of the Administrative Code.
(C) No person who has been convicted of a felony or other disqualifying offense shall attend the basic course.
(D) Statement of purpose.
(1) It shall be clearly understood that the basic course described is designed as an absolute minimum program. Commanders are encouraged to exceed this minimum program wherever possible.
(2) Nothing in this chapter shall limit or be construed as limiting the authority of a commander, the civil service commission, or other appointing authority, to enact rules and regulations which establish a higher standard of training above the minimum required by the rules of this chapter.
(E) Local matters
Instruction in such matters as department rules and regulations, local ordinances, personnel policies and procedures may be given entirely upon local initiative. No portion of the instructional time devoted to this training or other non-commission required topics shall be credited against the hours of instruction required under rule 109:2-1-16 of the Administrative Code.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 109.74
Rule Amplifies: 109.73 , 109.75
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/71, 3/1/82, 1/1/88, 3/25/91, 1/1/00