(A) Schools which meet all of the requirements set forth in rules 109:2-1-05, 109:2-1-06, 109:2-1-08, and 109:2-1-16 of the Administrative Code shall be approved by the executive director. The approval shall be given in writing.
(B) Schools may, in addition to those requirements set forth in paragraph (A) of this rule, require that each person enrolled in training sanctioned by the commission be given a physical examination, a psychological examination, and a background investigation to determine fitness and eligibility for attending and completing the basic course. Any person determined to be unfit or ineligible will not be admitted to any training that is a component of the basic course.
(C) Request for school approval.
Twenty-one calendar days prior to the start of a training school, the commander shall forward to the executive director, an application package which shall include forms required by the executive director.
(D) Revocation of school approval.
(1) The executive director may revoke the approval of any school for failure to maintain the minimum state standards as set forth in this rule and rules 109:2-1-05, 109:2-1-06, 109:2-1-08, and 109:2-1-16 of the Administrative Code or any other rule or policy established by the Ohio peace officer training commission for conducting the basic training program. The executive director shall notify the commander of the school in writing of this revocation and shall advise the commander that the commander may request a hearing before the commission as provided in sections 119.06 and 119.07 of the Revised Code. The commission shall conduct the hearing as required by sections 119.01 to 119.13 of the Revised Code.
(E) Enrollees, instructors and time for school.
The commander must have prior written approval from the executive director to conduct the school. The school:
(1) Must have a minimum of ten students enrolled.
(2) Must have a minimum of ten commission-approved instructors.
(3) May not extend more than one year.
(4) For any deviation from paragraph (E)(1), (E)(2) or (E)(3) of this rule, the commander must have prior written approval from the executive director.
(F) Within three calendar days after the school has begun, the commander shall forward to the executive director, on forms supplied by the executive director, a revised student enrollment list and an enrollment package which shall include, for each enrollee, forms required by the executive director.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/10/2014 and 02/19/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 109.74
Rule Amplifies: 109.73, 109.75
Prior Effective Dates: 12/19/1970, 3/1/1982, 1/15/1988, 1/1/2000, 4/24/2014