(A) Each facility shall have available the following:
(1) A classroom with adequate heating, lighting and ventilation, that is relatively free from external distractions;
(2) A chalkboard or other marking board with chalk or equivalent;
(3) Tables and chairs or seats with arms for writing for each student;
(4) Audio-visual equipment, including but not limited to overhead projector and videocassette player or other comparable viewing apparatus;
(5) A lectern, stand or table for the instructor's use;
(6) A gymnasium or large indoor area for teaching unarmed self-defense, first aid, and other physical skills topics, supplied with appropriate safety and training equipment;
(7) Access to a commission-approved firearms range, if applicable;
(8) Restrooms that will accommodate all students; and
(9) Any other equipment or facilities as required by the executive director.
(B) Basic firearms certification or requalification courses will not require audio-visual equipment or a gymnasium or other large indoor area.
(C) Denial or revocation of approval of a training facility.
(1) The executive director may deny a request for approval of a training facility for failure to meet minimum requirements as set forth in this chapter.
(2) The executive director may revoke the approval of a training facility for failure to maintain minimum requirements as set forth in this chapter.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 109.74
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 109.73, R.C. 109.75, R.C. 109.78
Prior Effective Dates: 5/1/1970, 2/27/1987, 10/1/1993, 1/1/2001,