(A) Application by a board for certification as a qualified board shall be made in writing to the attorney general.
(B) Applications shall include at least the following information unless specific exceptions are provided in this rule:
(1) Name, address, and telephone number of the board. In the event the applicant does not maintain one or more Ohio addresses and telephone numbers at the time of application, the application shall set forth the specific plans for making the board accessible to Ohio consumers.
(2) The manufacturers, vehicle makes and vehicle models for which the board is authorized to hear disputes and render decisions and copies of such authorization.
(3) Copies of all warranty documents and disclosure information used to alert consumers to the board and the warranty proffered by the manufacturer for each vehicle make and model, together with any other informational material, advertising copy or other notices used to inform consumers concerning warranties, the availability and operation of the board and any other manufacturer dispute resolution procedures.
(5) A description of the general qualifications and the duties of the arbitrators, neutral technicians or consultants, and all other persons employed by the board.
(6) A description of all training programs conducted for the board's arbitrators, and the plans for any such programs should approval be granted.
(10) Copies of ten per cent, but not in any event less than twenty-five per cent, of the written decision documents issued by the board to Ohio consumers during the preceding year, representing a randomly selected cross-section of such decisions. The attorney general may, upon notice, have these opinions selected by personnel from his office or under his direction.
(11) Statistics for the previous record year showing, for each warrantor served by the board, the number of oral presentations in person and the number of oral presentations by telephone conference call conducted under paragraph (C)(7) of rule 109:4-4-04 of the Administrative Code conducted for each warrantor served by the board, and the number of times such a presentation presentations was were requested.
(12) Such other or additional information as the attorney general might request after initial review of the application.
Prior History: (Eff 11-29-87;
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1345.77
Rule amplifies: 1345.77
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/16/2009 and 03/16/2014 )