(A) A rape crisis program that wishes to obtain funding from the rape crisis trust fund shall complete the application established by the attorney general, found on the attorney general's website at www.OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov/RCTFapplication. The attorney general shall approve or disapprove programs for funding, and approve or disapprove the disbursement of money from the rape crisis trust fund.
(B) Any applications for funding from the rape crisis trust fund shall be submitted to the attorney general by the date required in the application and shall comply with all procedures outlined in the grant application.
(C) To be eligible for funds from the rape crisis trust fund program, an applicant must submit:
(1) Proof of rape crisis program status;
(2) A statement of purpose regarding use of the funds;
(3) A budget;
(4) A fully completed application as determined by the Attorney General; and
(5) Any other information as required.
(D) The attorney general may award funds from the rape crisis trust fund to a rape crisis program that meets the criteria set forth in paragraph (C) of this rule and submits a proposal for one or more of the following purposes:
(1) If the program is the nonprofit state sexual assault coalition, to provide training and technical assistance to service providers;
(2) If the program is a victim witness assistance program, to provide victims of sexual assault with hotlines, victim advocacy, or support services;
(3) If the program is a government-based or nonprofit entity that provides a full continuum of services to victims of sexual assault, to provide those services and education to prevent sexual assault.
(E) The attorney general shall use the money in the rape crisis trust fund in the following manner:
(1) Five per cent administrative costs shall be assessed against the balance of the fund on an annual basis.
(2) The balance of the fund shall be dispersed to programs as awarded by the attorney general.
(F) The organization certifies that it does not provide medical services, or engage in or refer for services, for which the use of genetic service funds is prohibited by section 3701.511 of the Revised Code: "None of the funds appropriated to administer the programs authorized by sections 3701.501 and 3701.502 of the Revised Code shall be used to counsel or refer for abortion, except in the case of a medical emergency."
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 109:7-1-04