(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings of the Ohio ballot board and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by doing either of the following:
(1) Writing to the following address:
Ohio Ballot Board
c/o Secretary of State of Ohio
180 East Broad Street-15th floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: 614-466-2585.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. Such notice will only be given, however, to one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be addressed to the Ohio Ballot Board, c/o Secretary of State of Ohio, 180 East Broad Street-15 th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, that representative's mailing address, and a maximum of two telephone numbers where that representative can be reached. The secretary of state shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this rule.
In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the secretary of state shall give notice of such meeting to all media representatives on the list by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice, which shall be mailed no later than four calendar days prior to the day of the special meeting;
(2) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to such meeting (such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for such representative, or if after reasonable effort, the secretary of state has been unable to provide such telephone notice);
(3) Informing such representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the secretary of state shall give notice of such meeting to all media representatives on the list by providing either the notice described in paragraph (C)(2) of this rule or that described in paragraph (C)(3) of this rule or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting but shall be given as soon as possible.
In giving the notice required by this rule, the secretary of state may rely on assistance provided by any member of the secretary's staff or of the Ohio ballot board, and any such notice is complete if given by such member in any of the manners provided in this rule.
(D) Any person may receive notice of all meetings of the Ohio ballot board at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. The secretary of state shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested such notification. In order to receive notification, such persons shall provide to the secretary of state a sufficient quantity of self-addressed, stamped envelopes for the mailing of notices. Such notice shall be mailed no later than four calendar days prior to the day of the meeting.