Chapter 111:3-8 Notice of Ballot Board Meetings
(A) Any person may determine the time, place, and purpose of all regular and special meetings of the Ohio ballot board by doing either of the following:
(1) Visiting the media center page of the Ohio secretary of state website.
(2) Writing to the following address: "Ohio Ballot Board c/o Secretary of State of Ohio 180 East Broad Street-15th floor Columbus, Ohio 43215" or
(3) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours:
(B) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. Such notice will only be given, however, to one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be addressed to the "Ohio Ballot Board, c/o Secretary of State of Ohio, 180 East Broad Street, 15th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215." The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, that representative's mailing address, and a maximum of two telephone numbers where that representative can be reached. The secretary of state shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of meetings pursuant to this rule. In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the secretary of state shall give notice of such meeting to all media representatives on the list by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Notifying such representatives by telephone or e-mail no later than twenty-four hours prior to such meeting (such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for such representative, or if after reasonable effort, the secretary of state has been unable to provide such telephone notice);
(2) Informing such representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(C) In the event of an emergency meeting, the secretary of state shall give notice of such meeting to all media representatives on the list by providing either the notice described in paragraph (C)(2) of this rule or that described in paragraph (C)(3) of this rule or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room as soon as possible. In giving the notice required by this rule, the secretary of state may rely on assistance provided by any member of the secretary's staff or of the Ohio ballot board, and any such notice is complete if given by such member in any of the manners provided in this rule.
(D) Any person may receive notice of all meetings of the Ohio ballot board at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. The secretary of state shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested such notification. In order to receive written notification, such persons shall provide to the secretary of state a sufficient quantity of self-addressed, stamped envelopes for the mailing of notices.