(A) Every person or entity who makes an independent expenditure shall file a signed statement with the secretary of state or the board of elections, as appropriate, on a form prescribed by the secretary of state, which shall include:
(1) The reporting person's or entity's name and street address;
(2) The name and street address of the person or entity to whom the expenditure was made;
(3) The amount, date, and purpose of each expenditure;
(4) A statement that indicates whether such expenditure was in support of or in opposition to a candidate, together with the candidate's name and office sought or in support of or opposition to any ballot issue together with the ballot issue number, whether it was a state or local issue, and if a local issue, the county or district it covered;
(5) A signed certification under penalty of election falsification that such expenditure was not made in cooperation, consultation or concert with, or at the request or suggestion of any candidate, ballot issue committee or any authorized committee or agent thereof.
(B) Statements required to be filed under section 3517.105 of the Revised Code shall be filed:
(1) At the same time and place as the person or entity files a statement required by section 3517.10 of the Revised Code and as part of that statement; or
(2) If no statement is required by section 3517.10 of the Revised Code, the individual, partnership, or other entity shall file with the secretary of state in the case of a statewide candidate or issue, or with the board of elections in the county in which the affected candidate files the candidate's petitions or declaration of intent to be a write-in candidate for nomination or election for district or local office.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/28/2006
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: RC 3517.23
Prior Effective Dates: 9/6/74, 8/23/95 (Emer.), 11/21/95, 7/13/98 (Emer.), 9/24/98, 1/1/02