The supporting staff, facilities, equipment, supplies, and other requirements needed to maintain and operate an office of a county or joint county public defender shall be sufficient to allow quality representation and shall be substantially equivalent to that provided for the county prosecutor's office. In applying this rule, the following criteria shall govern:
(A) The salaries for public defender attorneys shall approximate and be in parity with the compensation received by a prosecutor with the same number of years in practice and experience.
(B) The budget of any county public defender shall include:
(1) Adequate office space, file storage space and other facilities as prescribed by the Ohio public defender standards and guidelines for reimbursement;
(2) Adequate and reasonably accessible research capabilities that meet the duties of the office;
(3) Adequate computer, tape-recording, photographic, and other investigative equipment of a sufficient quantity, quality, and versatility to permit preservation of evidence;
(4) Funds available for the confidential employment of experts and specialists, such as psychiatrists, pathologists, and other scientific experts in all cases where the same may be of assistance to the defense;
(5) Supportive services including secretarial, investigative, and other defense litigation support services, including not only support services needed for quality defense at trial, but also those required for quality participation in every phase of the process, including determinations on pretrial release, and eligibility for diversion; competency to stand trial; mitigation advocacy at sentencing and other dispositions following conviction, appeals, and post-conviction relief.
(C) The office of the county public defender or joint county public defender shall be located with consideration to the convenience to clients and access to the courts and other necessary services.
(D) Each attorney shall have adequate office space to assure privacy in consultation with clients and efficiency in operations.