Chapter 122:18-1 General Provisions
(A) Director means the director of the Ohio department of development.
(B) Shovel ready sites mean property identified by a port authority or development entity having the necessary site control and infrastructure available as ready for development upon the purchase or finalization of a lease.
(C) Eligible costs include:
(1) Acquisition of property, including land options;
(2) Site preparation activities, including brownfield clean-up activities;
(3) Construction of road, water, telecommunications, and utility infrastructure;
(4) Payment of project related professional fees and administrative costs, not to exceed twenty percent (20%) of the amount granted by the director; and
(5) Any specific project related costs as approved by the director.
(A) Port authorities and other development entities approved by the director may apply for shovel ready sites funding. Prior to applying for shovel ready sites funding, a potential applicant must provide the director with a summary of its economic development experience and capacity to undertake a shovel ready sites project. The summary must include evidence that the development entity has or can obtain local support for the proposed project and the financing necessary to complete the proposed project.
(B) Shovel ready sites funding shall only be used to finance eligible costs.
(C) An application may request no more than ten million dollars in funding for a specific project.
(A) Requests for assistance under the shovel ready sites program shall be considered on a first come, first serve basis. Such requests shall be in writing to the director and shall address all of the following:
(1) Identification of the need for such assistance, both type and amount, relating to specific local and/or regional circumstances;
(2) Identification of sites and/or locations proposed to be improved with the shovel ready sites program assistance;
(3) Identification of the activities, with the projected costs of such activity, necessary to develop the site to be considered a shovel ready site;
(4) Documentation of local support in the form of a resolution or ordinance of both the local municipality or township and the county in which the proposed shovel ready sites appear;
(5) Identification of other sources of funding, including contact information, in addition to the requested shovel ready sites program assistance necessary to complete the project as proposed;
(6) Documentation of the availability of the proposed site including, if possible, evidence of site control; and
(7) Any additional information the director deems necessary to make a determination of the appropriateness for funding.
(B) Upon positive review and recommendation of the director, the shovel ready sites project shall be submitted to the controlling board for final approval.
(C) Upon controlling board approval, the port authority or development entity shall enter into a grant agreement with the director. Such agreement shall be in the form and substance as approved by the director and shall include:
(1) The amount of the shovel ready sites funding;
(2) A scope of work outlining the proposed project including benefits expected to result from undertaking the project, the eligible costs and use of funds;
(3) The term of the agreement;
(4) A requirement and identification of other funds necessary to complete the project as proposed;
(5) A requirement that the port authority or development entity provide the director an annual report of activities, including jobs and investment, at the shovel ready site;
(6) A requirement that the director may audit all records of the project; and
(7) Any additional requirement the director determines is necessary to successfully complete the proposed project.