(A) As used in rules 122:23-1-01 to 122:23-1-11 of the Administrative Code:
(1) "Applicant" means a person who applies to the director for certification of an energy project as a qualified energy project. As used in this chapter of the Administrative Code, "applicant" also includes a person who receives a certification of an energy project as a qualified energy project and any subsequent owner or lessee pursuant to a sale and leaseback transaction of the qualified energy project.
(2) "Application for certification" means an application for certification of an energy project as a qualified energy project as provided in section 5727.75 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Authorized representative" of an entity means an officer or other individual who has the actual authority to sign for, and make representations on behalf of, the entity.
(4) "Business day" means any day other than Saturday, Sunday or a holiday recognized by the state of Ohio on which the offices of the department of development are not open for business.
(5) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of the department of taxation of the state of Ohio.
(6) "Director" means the director of the department of development of the state of Ohio.
(7) "In service" with respect to any energy project means capable of producing electricity.
(8) "Ohio-domiciled" means a person's permanent residence is in the state of Ohio.
(B) In the case of a county that has adopted a charter under Article X, Ohio Constitution, references to "board of county commissioners" and resolution will be interpreted in accordance with section 1.62 of the Revised Code.