In addition to the Affirmative Action Plan required by 123:1-49-04 an agency shall also:
(A) Periodically appraise its personnel operations to assure their conformity with these regulations and the agency's plan.
(B) Appoint an Affirmative Action Executive whose functions are:
(1) Advising the head of the agency with respect to the preparation of equal employment opportunity programs, procedures, regulations, reports, and the agency's Affirmative Action Plan.
(2) Evaluating from time to time the sufficiency of the total agency program for equal employment opportunity and reporting thereon to the head of the agency with recommendations as to any improvement or correction needed, including remedial or disciplinary action with respect to managerial or supervisory employees who have failed to cooperate fully or who are in violation of the program.
(3) Make changes in programs and procedures designed to eliminate discriminatory practices when so authorized by the head of the agency.
(4) Evaluating tests, employment policies, practices and qualifications and reporting to the head of the agency and to the State Employees EEO Coordinator any such policies, practices and qualifications which have unequal impact on minorities and women. This function shall be performed in cooperation with the Department of State Personnel.
(5) Providing for counseling of any aggrieved employee or applicant for employment who believes that he or she has been discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
(6) Providing for receipt and investigation of individual complaints of discrimination in personnel matters within the agency, and for attempting to resolve on an informal basis the matter raised by the employee or applicant in a complaint of discrimination.
(C) Publish the functions, rules and activities of the office by posting the following information on official bulletin boards:
(1) The name and address of the State Employees EEO Coordinator.
(2) The names and addresses of the Appointing Authority, Affirmative Action Executive, and Deputy Affirmative Action Executive; and the fact they are available to counsel employees or applicants for employment who believe they have been discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicap.
(3) The right of each employee and applicant for employment who believes that he or she has been discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicap to file a complaint.
(4) The complaint procedure and time limits for such complaints as established by these regulations.
(D) Follow the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Guidelines adopted by reference in 123:1-49-06 of these regulations.
(E) Submit annually for the review and approval of the Division of Equal Employment Opportunity for State Personnel written equal employment opportunity plans of action. Affirmative Action Plan shall be submitted in a format prescribed by said Division.
(former PL-36-05); Eff
Rule promulgated under: RC Chapter 119.
Review dates: 11/20/2001
Rule authorized by: Executive Order, 9/13/73