(A) General. Each layoff jurisdiction is autonomous and layoff, displacement, reinstatement, and reemployment rights and procedures shall apply only within the jurisdiction affected by the layoff. The order of layoff as provided in rule 123:1-41-07 of the Administrative Code applies within each of the layoff jurisdictions.
For purposes of this chapter , an "independent institution" means an institution under the control of a managing officer or board of trustees with the power to appoint or remove employees as provided by statute whose employees are in the service of the state.
(B) District layoff jurisdiction. The order of layoff will be followed on a district-wide basis within each state agency, board, commission, and independent institution for the following districts:
(1) District 1 - Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding, Williams.
(2) District 2 - Erie, Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, Wood.
(3) District 3 - Crawford, Huron, Marion, Seneca, Wyandot.
(4) District 4 - Allen, Auglaize, Hancock, Hardin, Mercer, Putnam, Van Wert.
(5) District 5 - Champaign, Clark, Logan, Shelby.
(6) District 6 - Darke, Greene, Miami, Montgomery, Preble.
(7) District 7 - Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, Union.
(8) District 8 - Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Warren.
(9) District 9 - Adams, Brown, Gallia, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross, Scioto, Vinton.
(10) District 10 - Athens, Hocking, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Noble, Perry, Washington.
(11) District 11 - Belmont, Carroll, Coshocton, Guernsey, Harrison, Holmes, Jefferson, Muskingum, Tuscarawas.
(12) District 12 - Ashland, Knox, Morrow, Richland.
(13) District 13 - Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Wayne.
(14) District 14 - Ashtabula, Columbiana, Mahoning, Trumbull.
(15) District 15 - Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain.