(A) The department of administrative services shall review each request from a state agency to procure a state vehicle to determine whether the vehicle requested is the most appropriate vehicle for intended use.
(B) Each state agency shall provide the department of administrative services the following information in the department before a vehicle is procured for that agency's fleet:
(1) The model and type of the requested vehicle.
(2) A general description of the intended use of the vehicle requested.
(3) If a passenger vehicle, the number of individuals normally transported in the vehicle in the normal course of business.
(4) If a vehicle used for purposes other than transporting passengers, a detailed description of the normal type of use for that vehicle.
(5) Any other information the department deems necessary.
(C) Upon receiving the information required in paragraph (B) of this rule, the department of administrative services shall determine whether the requested vehicle is the most appropriate vehicle to procure for the stated intended use. If the department determines the requested vehicle is not the most appropriate vehicle to procure based on the intended use of that vehicle, the department shall inform the state agency, in writing, of the department's decision and provide the state agency with a list of vehicles that are appropriate for procurement, based on the intended use of that vehicle.
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/16/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 125.832
Rule Amplifies: 125.832)