(A) At any time prior to a record hearing, the board may, on its own motion or upon motion of any party, direct the parties or their representatives to participate in a prehearing, status conference, or mediation.
(B) Prehearings, status conferences, and mediations may be held for the following purposes:
(1) To simplify or clarify issues;
(2) To obtain stipulations and admissions;
(3) To exchange documents and witness lists;
(4) To discuss matters intended to expedite the proceedings.
(5) To enter into settlements or settlement discussions.
(C) Final board orders, procedural orders, and reports and recommendations may be issued based upon information obtained at a prehearing or status conference.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/07/2014 and 01/07/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 124.03
Rule Amplifies: 124.03 , 124.14, 124.328, 124.33, 124.34, 124.40, 124.56
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/79, 3/1/93