(A) A historical boiler shall not be left unattended when in operation and members of the public are present. For purposes of this section, a traction engine may be considered as not being in operation when all of the following conditions exist:
(1) The water level is at least one-third of the water gage glass;
(2) The header or dome valve is in a closed position, if applicable;
(3) The draft doors are closed;
(4) The fire is banked or extinguished;
(5) The boiler pressure is at least twenty pounds per square inch below the safety valve relieving pressure.
(B) All piping components shall be used in the manner for which they were designed and shall not exceed manufacturer's marked rating. Below the water line, schedule eighty black pipe shall be used from the boiler to the first valve.
(C) The owner of each historical boiler shall keep and maintain a maintenance logbook which shall be furnished, upon request, to the inspector. The logbook shall include, but not be limited to, the following information:
(1) Boiler information, including,
(a) The number and location of a boiler serial number, identification number or other permanent marking on the boiler sufficient to identify the boiler with specificity;
(b) The number and location of a safety valve serial number, identification number or other permanent marking on the safety valve sufficient to identify the set pressure and capacity of the safety valve;
(c) The heating surface of the boiler shall be as reported in the manufacturer's specifications or shall be calculated by a method acceptable to the inspector;
(2) Inspection dates and findings;
(3) Events and dates attended by the general public where boiler was operated;
(5) Repairs; and
(6) Performed maintenance, including, but not limited to, the replacement of a fusible plug or a safety valve.
(D) No historical boiler and its appurtenances shall be operated at a pressure in excess of the safe working pressure for the boiler stated on the certificate of operation for that
Prior History: (Effective:
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/30/2011
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4104.34
Rule Amplifies: 4104.34(A)(1)
Prior Effective Dates: 5/27/03 (Emer.), 4/30/06 )