(A) The license application for a certificate of competency as an inspector of elevators specified in section 4105.02 of the Revised Code shall consist of the following:
(1) A completed application form designated by the superintendent of industrial compliance which contains the items listed in section 4105.02 of the Revised Code;
(2) An original letter or letters from one or more of the applicant's previous employers certifying as to his character and experience as specified in the second paragraph of section 4105.02 of the Revised Code; and
(3) An application fee of twenty-five dollars for special inspectors as established by the director of commerce in accordance with section 4105.17 of the Revised Code, which fee shall be nonrefundable.
(B) An application for a certificate of competency as an inspector of elevators may be denied, and a certificate of competency and a commission to serve as a special inspector of elevators in accordance with section 4105.05 of the Revised Code may be suspended or revoked, in accordance with Chapters 119. and 4105. of the Revised Code for:
(1) Failure to submit a complete application as required by this rule;
(2) Incompetence or untrustworthiness of the applicant or holder thereof; or
(3) Falsification of any matter contained in the applicant's or holder's application or in any report of inspection filed by a certificate holder.
(C) A commission to serve as a special inspector of elevators shall be renewed, subject to denial as set forth in this rule, upon payment of a renewal fee of twenty-five dollars and demonstration of compliance with the renewal requirements for "Qualified Elevator Inspector" (QEI) certification under the authority of the American society of mechanical engineers in accordance with the provisions of Chapters 4105. and 4745. of the Revised Code on or before a renewal expiration date for that certificate of competency as an inspector of elevators established by the superintendent of industrial compliance.
(D) To maintain a certificate of competency, the general and special inspectors shall comply with each of the following continuing educational requirements:
(1) Comply with the continuing education requirements as set forth in ASME A 17.4 2004 item 2.3 of the 2004 edition of the "Qualified Elevator Inspector" (QEI) standard as well as maintaining a current QEI certification card issued by a certifying agency.
(2) Provide evidence that the inspector has maintained knowledge of current local administrative or operating procedures necessary to discharge duties by attending an annual meeting held by the elevator section.