(A) The superintendent or the superintendent's designee shall direct the board to deny issuance or renewal or revoke or suspend a certificate if the board finds that the applicant has done any of the following:
(1) Falsify documentation;
(2) Violate any provision of Chapter 3703 of the Revised Code or rules adopted pursuant thereto;
(3) Obtain a license by fraud, mispreresentation, or deception;
(4) Engage in fraud, misrepresentation, deception, malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance in the conduct of business; or
(B) Upon a reasonable cause shown, the superintendent shall direct the board to:
(1) Suspend or revoke a holder's backflow certification for a specified period of time, from a minimum of six months to a maximum of life, which the board establishes.
(2) Require a holder of a backflow certificate to complete additional continuing education courses within a specified time period.