(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings of the banking commission by:
(1) Writing to the following address: "deputy superintendent for banks, 77 South High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43266-0121";
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: 614-728-8400;
(3) Inquiring at the reception desk for the division of financial institutions on the twenty-first floor of 77 South High Street, Columbus, Ohio; or
(4) Emailing at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that the notice be provided. Notice will only be given, to one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for notification shall be addressed to: "deputy superintendent for banks, 77 South High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43266-0121." The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, the representative's mailing address and a maximum of two telephone numbers where the representative can be reached. The deputy superintendent shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this rule.
(1) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the deputy superintendent shall notify each media representative on the list of the meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(a) Sending written notice, which may be mailed no later than four calendar days prior to the date of the special meeting;
(b) Giving notice by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting; telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the deputy superintendent has been unable to provide telephone notice;
(c) Giving notice in person no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(2) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the deputy superintendent shall notify all media representatives on the list of the meeting by any of the means described above, or by notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(D) Any person may receive notice of all meetings of the banking commission at which specific subject matters designated by that person are scheduled to be discussed. The deputy superintendent shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested such notification. The deputy superintendent shall notify persons requesting notice no later than five calendar days prior to the day of a meeting at which the specified subject is scheduled to be discussed, except in the case of a special meeting of an emergency nature, in which case the deputy superintendent shall notify persons requesting notice as soon as is practicable after such a meeting is scheduled. The deputy superintendent may require persons requesting notice under this paragraph to select from among categories of the public business of the banking commission, that have been previously established by the deputy superintendent.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 05/20/2015 and 08/06/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1121.03
Rule Amplifies: 121.22, 1123
Prior Effective Dates: 1/16/81, 11/10/81, 4/7/90, 12/15/00,