(A) All real estate licensees, sales associates and brokers are required to certify completion of thirty hours of continuing education courses every three years. The superintendent may have an audit conducted of any licensee to determine whether they are in compliance with this rule. All licensees must maintain proof of compliance for six years and shall make such records available for audit.
(B) Licensees must certify completing the thirty hours of continuing education on or before the licensee's date of birth three years after the licensee's date of initial licensure, and every three years thereafter.
(C) Where a licensee fails to meet the continuing education requirements of section 4735.141 of the Revised Code because the license was inactive due to military service, the licensee must submit proof of completing the thirty hours of continuing education, on or before the date required by section 4735.13 of the Revised Code. The continuing education submitted shall satisfy the continuing education requirements for the first renewal filed following the date of honorable discharge or separation under honorable conditions from the armed forces.
(D) Each licensee, who is seventy years of age or older shall submit proof of completing the nine hours of continuing education listed in paragraph (D) of this rule, on or before the licensee's date of birth and every three years thereafter. Each licensee with an inactive license, who is seventy years of age or older, is exempt from the continuing education requirements specified in this rule.
(1) Three classroom hours in a course devoted exclusively to instruction in current municipal, state and federal civil rights laws; civil rights case law; desegregation issues; methods for eliminating the effects of prior discrimination; and strategies for affirmatively furthering fair housing.
(2) Three classroom hours in a course on current state and federal legislation affecting the real estate industry, which shall include, but not be limited to, relevant state real estate licensing laws and regulations, court decisions and related reports.
(F) The licensee shall submit to the superintendent of real estate proof of completion on a form prescribed by the superintendent.
(G) For the purposes of this rule, the term hour of continuing education shall consist of sixty minutes.
(H) A maximum of ten continuing education hours, obtained in excess of the required thirty credits for a three year reporting period, may be transferred to help meet the requirements of the subsequent reporting period. No licensee shall receive credit for more than eight classroom hours of continuing education instruction taken in any one calendar day.
(I) Except as provided in this paragraph, courses completed prior to being certified by the division of real estate do not qualify for continuing education credit. Licensees may receive credit for a course that has not been previously certified by the commission, only when:
(1) The course is not required pursuant to paragraph (E) of this rule;
(2) The course is taken outside the state of Ohio;
(4) The licensee submits the course for credit within the same continuing education reporting period of which the course was taken;
(5) For each course, the licensee submits an out of state education compliance form, the course syllabus, course attendance certificate and a one-hundred dollar course approval application fee.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/25/2012 and 06/30/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4735.10
Rule Amplifies: 4735.141
Prior Effective Dates: 3/9/1980, 12/4/1981, 12/20/1984, 4/8/1985, 8/3/1987, 1/4/1988, 9/1/1988, 4/4/1992, 1/1/1997, 5/18/1998, 9/24/2000, 6/21/2002, 11/22/2004, 01/01/2008