(A) A certificate of registration expires on the thirtieth day of April of each year regardless of when the certificate was issued.
(B) A registrant is responsible for ensuring that its renewal application is timely filed. The superintendent of the division of financial institutions will attempt to send reminder notices to registrants at the main office or e-mail address on file, but failure of a registrant to receive the reminder for any reason will not relieve the registrant of the renewal deadline.
(C) A renewal application must be timely filed to prevent any lapse in registration and in the ability to act as a mortgage broker:
(1) The renewal application must be received by the superintendent of the division of financial institutions no later than the thirtieth day of April. The registration of a person whose renewal application is received by the thirtieth day of April is considered active and the registrant may continue to engage in activities that require a certificate of registration.
(2) A renewal application received on the first day of May to the thirty-first day of May must include a one hundred dollar late fee in addition to regular renewal fees. The registration of a person whose renewal application is received on the first day of May to the thirty-first day of May is considered active and the person may continue to engage in activities that require a license.
(3) If a renewal application is received after the thirty-first day of May, the application will not be accepted for filing and will be returned to sender. The registration of a person whose license is received after the thirty-first day of May is expired. Expiration terminates the right to engage in any activity for which a certificate of registration is required. The person may obtain a new certificate of registration by complying with the requirements and procedures for obtaining an original certificate of registration.
(D) To be eligible for renewal, the registrant's operations manager must have fulfilled the annual continuing education requirements of the preceding calendar year, and the registrant must continuously satisfy all requirements of initial registration.
(E) A registrant who wishes to apply to renew its registration must submit:
(1) A non-refundable application fee of three hundred fifty dollars for each certificate of registration to be renewed. A renewal application received on the first day of May through the thirty-first day of May must include a one hundred dollar late filing fee for each certificate to be renewed;
(2) A completed registration renewal application form. If the renewal application is incomplete when submitted, it will not be accepted and will be returned for completion. An application is deemed incomplete if it does not have the necessary documents attached; if it is not accompanied by the appropriate fee(s); if any portion of it is not properly executed; if any portion of it is missing; or if any questions are unanswered, incompletely answered or missing any required details; and
(3) Any other information requested by the superintendent.
(F) A registrant cannot change its address by filing a renewal application and indicating a new address on the application. Address changes shall be made in compliance with division (H) of rule 1301:8-7-19 of the Administrative Code.
(G) Each question on the renewal registration application is material to the licensing process. Submitting false or incomplete information or omitting information in connection with a renewal registration application is grounds for denial or revocation of the certificate and may subject the applicant and those individuals who signed the application to civil or criminal penalties.
(H) Updating application information. If the information contained in a renewal application for a mortgage broker certificate of registration becomes inaccurate for any reason while the renewal application is pending, the applicant shall be responsible for correcting the inaccurate information within ten business days of the change.
(I) Withdrawal of application. An applicant may request the withdrawal of an application prior to a determination of the application being made by the superintendent of the division of financial institutions by submitting a written request that the application be withdrawn. A request to withdraw a renewal application for a mortgage broker certificate of registration can only be submitted by those individuals who signed the application. An application may only be withdrawn with the permission of the superintendent.
(J) Refunds. All application fees are non-refundable regardless of whether an application is withdrawn or denied.
(K) Upon approval of a renewal application, a certificate of registration will be issued for the remainder of the annual registration period, which ends the following thirtieth day of April.
Replaces: Part of 1301:8-7-04