(A) The public employees retirement board shall determine the monthly amount paid to reimburse for medicare part "B" coverage, if any. The amount paid shall be the following, except that the board shall make no payment that exceeds the amount paid by the recipient for the coverage:
(1) For calendar year 2013, $ 96.40;
(2) For calendar year 2014, $ 96.40;
(3) For calendar year 2015, $ 63.62;
(4) For calendar year 2016, $ 31.81;
(5) For calendar year 2017 and each year thereafter, zero.
(B) The amount described in paragraph (A) of this rule shall be reimbursed to an eligible benefit recipient in each monthly benefit payment when such benefit recipient submits both of the following:
(1) Proof of enrollment in and evidence of the premium amount paid for medicare part B coverage;
(2) Certification that the benefit recipient is not receiving reimbursement for the premium and that it is not being paid by any other source.
(C) Except as provided in paragraph (D) of this rule, the effective date for the reimbursement of the premium amount pursuant to division (C) of section 145.58 of the Revised Code and this rule shall be the later of:
(1) The effective date of medicare part B coverage;
(2) The first day of the month following receipt by the system of the information described in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(D) If the benefit recipient's initial benefit payment was issued not later than thirty days prior to receipt of the information described in paragraph (B) of this rule, the effective date for the reimbursement shall be the first day of the month following the later of:
(1) The effective date of health care coverage under rule 145-4-04 of the Administrative Code;
(2) The effective date of medicare part B coverage.
(E) The retirement system shall not pay more than one monthly medicare part B premium to an eligible benefit recipient who is receiving more than one monthly retirement allowance from this system.
(F) If a benefit recipient fails to certify the amount paid for medicare part B coverage, the board may, following notice to the benefit recipient, suspend the premium reimbursement for any month that certification is not received. The board shall not reimburse the benefit recipient for any period of suspension.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 145.09, 145.58
Rule Amplifies: 145.58
Prior Effective Dates: 8/20/76, 9/6/88, 3/22/02, 1/1/03, 1/1/07, 1/1/09, 4/5/10, 1/7/13 (Emer.), 3/24/13