(A) This rule is adopted in compliance with, and under the authority of, division (F) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code. Subject to the provisions of section 121.22 of the Revised Code, all meetings of the public employees deferred compensation board, and all meetings of any committee or subcommittee of the board, shall be open to the public.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the following address: "Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Board, 257 East Town Street, Suite 400, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4623."
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: (614) 466-7245.
(3) By consulting the state house press room.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by making a written request that such notice be provided. However, such notice will be given to only one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be sent to the program's executive director at the address listed in paragraph (B) of this rule.
The request shall provide the name, mailing address, and no more than two telephone numbers of the individual media representative to be contacted. The program shall maintain a list of all representatives of the media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this paragraph.
In the event of a special meeting which is not an emergency, the program shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice, which must be mailed no later than four calendar days prior to the day of the special meeting.
(2) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting, such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative or if, after reasonable effort, the program has been unable to provide such telephone notice;
(3) Informing such representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
In the event of a special meeting which is an emergency, the program shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing either the notice described in paragraph (C)(2) or (C)(3) of this rule or notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
In giving the notices required by this rule, the program may rely on assistance provided by any member of the Ohio legislative correspondents association. Such notice is complete if given to such member as provided in this rule.
(D) The program shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all meetings of the public employees deferred compensation board.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 05/21/2015 and 08/14/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 148.04, 121.22
Rule Amplifies: 148.04, 121.22
Prior Effective Dates: 12/29/75, 3/6/00, 6/2/05, 8/31/10