(A) Agency Records Officer
The head of each agency, office or institution will designate to the Secretary the name of an agency employee who will serve as Agency Record Officer with the authority to sign applications for disposal and schedules of retention and to represent the agency at Commission meetings when called upon. The secretary will transmit the names of the agency record officers to the State Records Administrator. Only those applications or schedules signed by the head of the agency, office, or institution, or by the designated agency record officer will be considered by the commission.
(B) Submission of Lists and Schedules
The head or designated agency record officer of each agency, office, or institution shall submit to the Commission disposal lists and schedules of retention of records in his custody that are not needed in the transaction of current business and that do not have sufficient administrative, legal, or fiscal value to warrant their further retention.
(1) Disposal lists are one-time applications for authority to destroy or transfer records that have accumulated and are no longer created;
(2) Schedules of retention are applications for continuing authority to destroy or transfer records after specified periods of time or the occurrence of specified events;
(3) Applications for One-Time Disposal or Transfer (SRC-1) are to be submitted in an original and six copies to the Secretary at least two weeks prior to the meeting date;
(4) Records Retention Schedules (DF-402) are to be submitted in an original and six copies to the State Records Administrator at least two weeks prior to the meeting date;
The Commission shall be supplied with copies of the Schedules and Applications prior to the meeting date.
(C) Sample Documents
When requested, Applications for One-Time Disposal or Transfer and Records Retention Schedules are to be accompanied by samples of each record series proposed for destruction or retention. Blank forms and explanatory statements may be submitted in lieu of confidential records.
(D) Distribution of Applications and Schedules
The original of Applications and Schedules reviewed by the Commission shall be returned to the originating agency by the Secretary.
(1) A copy of each Application and Schedule and approved minutes shall be maintained by the Secretary in accordance with a retention schedule approved by the commission;
(2) A copy of each Application and Schedule shall be forwarded to the State Records Administrator by the Secretary.
New lists and schedules are required when the informational contents of a record series which has been reviewed and approved for retention or destruction by the Commission is changed.
(F) Microfilmed Records
Records which have been microfilmed in accordance with Section 9.01 of the Ohio Revised Code shall not be destroyed prior to Commission approval.
(1) Applications for destruction of microfilmed records may be made on either the Application for One-Time Records Disposal or Transfer or Records Retention Schedule;
(2) All applications relating to destruction of records that have been microfilmed shall certify that "all processed microfilm rolls of the records have been (or will be) proofread for omissions and legibility and meet the minimum standards of the National Bureau of Standards."