In accordance with Section 149.32 of the Revised Code, the officers of the Ohio bicentennial commission shall be the chairman, vice-chairman and secretary.
(a) Chairman and vice-chairman.
The chairman and vice-chairman shall be elected annually by the executive committee at its first meeting held in each calendar year, commencing with the first meeting held in calendar year 1998; such officers shall hold office until the first executive committee meeting in the following year and their successors are elected and qualified. In the event that the office of chairman or vice-chairman is vacated by reason of resignation, removal or death of the officer, the executive committee shall convene within thirty days and fill the vacancy by holding a special election. The member elected to fill such office shall serve for the balance of the unexpired term.
Meetings of the Ohio bicentennial commission shall be conducted by the chairman, or in the absence of the chairman, the vice-chairman. In the absence of both the chairman and vice-chairman, the secretary shall act as chairman for that particular meeting. In the absence of all said officers, the chairman may appoint a commission member to serve as chairman pro temp.
The director of the Ohio historical society shall serve as secretary of the commission. The secretary shall perform the following duties:
(1) Prepare the minutes of all Ohio bicentennial commission meetings. In the absence of the secretary, the chairman may appoint another commission member to serve as secretary pro temp. The chairman of each committee shall designate one member of that committee to serve as its secretary for the purpose of recording, preparing, distributing and maintaining the minutes of that committee;
(2) Certify and maintain at the principal office of the Ohio bicentennial commission the original minutes of all commission meetings, any notices pertaining to such meetings, and the names of all members who attended such meetings;
(3) Ensure that all meeting notices are duly given to commission members in accordance with these rules or as may be otherwise required by law;
(4) Serve as the custodian of all records of the Ohio bicentennial commission, and see that all books, records, statements, and other documents required by law to be maintained are properly maintained; and
(5) Perform in general all duties customarily performed by persons holding the office of secretary of a state commission, and in particular such other duties as may be required of the secretary by the Ohio bicentennial commission.