Chapter 1501:1-1 Scenic River Advisory Councils
In accordance with the provisions of Chapter 1547. of the Revised code, each of the following wild, scenic, and recreational river areas shall have a scenic river advisory council consisting of not more than ten individuals representing local interests who have been selected by the director of the department of natural resources:
(A) Ashtabula scenic river area;
(B) Big and Little Darby creeks scenic river areas;
(C) Chagrin scenic river area;
(D) Conneaut creek wild and scenic river areas;
(E) Grand wild and scenic river areas;
(F) Kokosing scenic river area;
(G) Little Beaver creek wild and scenic river areas;
(H) Little Miami scenic river area;
(I) Maumee scenic and recreational river areas;
(J) Mohican scenic river area;
(K) Olentangy scenic river area;
(L) Sandusky scenic river area;
(M) Stillwater river and Greenville creek scenic river areas, and;
(N) Upper Cuyahoga scenic river area.
(A) A person may obtain notice of public meetings to be held by any of the scenic river advisory councils by taking one or more of the following actions:
(1) Make a request to the Ohio scenic rivers program by email using the contact link on the Ohio department of natural resources website.
(2) Contact the Ohio division of watercraft by telephone during regular business hours at (614) 265-6480.
(3) Contact the appropriate scenic river regional office by telephone using the directory provided on the Ohio department of natural resources website.
(4) Refer to the scenic rivers calendar on the Ohio department of natural resources website.
(5) Request information in person at the appropriate scenic rivers regional office or the division of watercraft headquarters located at 2045 Morse road in Columbus, Ohio.
(B) Notice of a public meeting made in accordance with these provisions will provide the date, time, place, and if available, the expected topics to be addressed at the meeting.
Minutes of all scenic river advisory council meetings will be promptly recorded and shall be open for public inspection at the regional office responsible for management of the wild, scenic, or recreational river for which there is an advisory council.