(A) Upon successful completion of the training required by rule 1501:10-2-22 of the Administrative Code, the equipment operator shall complete equipment-specific training in accordance with this rule. Successful completion of equipment-specific training shall be documented on the certificate of qualification issued by the mine operator under paragraphs (D) and (G) of rule 1501:10-2-22 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The mine operator shall provide equipment-specific, hands-on orientation training to the equipment operators in an area of the mine where the diesel-powered equipment will be operated. This orientation shall be specific to the type and make of the diesel-powered equipment, and shall be presented to groups no larger than twelve persons per instructor unless otherwise approved by the chief in an approved training plan. The following subjects shall be included in the orientation training:
(1) Equipment layout, which shall include instruction relating to the layout of the equipment, the equipment operator's compartments, and the controls;
(2) Pre-operation inspection, which shall include instruction relating to the pre-operation inspection procedures required by paragraph (A) of rule 1501:10-2-18 of the Administrative Code and review of specific details of the inspection and location of the components to be inspected;
(3) Equipment limitations, which shall include instruction relating to equipment performance, speeds, capacities and blind areas;
(4) Operating areas, which shall include instruction relating to areas in which the equipment may be operated;
(5) Operation, which shall include instruction relating to the controls, gauges and warning devices and safe operating limits of all indicating gauges;
(6) Refueling procedure, which shall include instruction relating to fuel handling, permissible refueling areas, spill prevention, cleanup and potential hazards from diesel fuel;
(7) Emergency devices, which shall include instruction relating to the location and use of the fire extinguisher and fire suppression devices; and
(8) Driving practice, which shall include supervised operation of the equipment.