(A) The chief shall provide training to his or her staff of underground coal mine inspectors on the use of underground diesel mine equipment so they can conduct diesel inspections as a part of their regular inspection duties.
(B) The chief shall provide the underground mine inspectors with specific training in the requirements of the rules of this chapter. The chief shall also train and equip the inspectors with the proper equipment necessary to effectively test for diesel emissions, and to properly enforce the rules of this chapter.
(C) The underground mine inspectors shall be trained in accordance with criteria as established and approved by the chief. Training for inspectors shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) Components and operation of a diesel engine;
(2) Fuel requirements and effect of various fuels on diesel particulate matter emissions;
(3) State and federal diesel regulations;
(4) Health effects of diesel particulate matter;
(5) Factors that can increase or decrease diesel particulate matter emissions;
(6) Emission control techniques in operation, maintenance and testing;
(7) Diagnostic testing, including instruments used and evaluation of tests, both in the classroom and hands-on in the field;
(8) Inspection and enforcement;
(10) Operation, testing and maintenance of fire suppression systems;
(11) Emergency procedures including firefighting and containment of spills;
(12) Fuel handling and storage; and
(13) Training plans, training requirements, and record keeping.