(A) Applicability. Each person who operates a coal preparation plant or support facility in connection with a coal mine but not located within the permit area for a specific mine shall obtain a permit in accordance with paragraph (I) of rule 1501:13-4-12 of the Administrative Code, obtain performance security in accordance with section 1513.08 of the Revised Code and these rules, and operate the plant or support facility in accordance with these rules.
(B) Performance standards. Construction, operation, maintenance, modification, reclamation, and removal activities at operations covered by this rule shall comply with the following:
(4) Any disturbed area related to the coal preparation plant or support facilities shall have sediment control structures, in compliance with paragraphs (D) and (G) of rule 1501:13-9-04 of the Administrative Code and all discharges from these areas shall meet the requirements of paragraphs (A) and (B) of rule 1501:13-9-04 of the Administrative Code and any other applicable state or federal law;
(5) Permanent impoundments associated with coal preparation plants shall meet the requirements of paragraphs (H) and (R) of rule 1501:13-9-04 of the Administrative Code. Dams constructed of or impounding coal mine waste shall comply with rule 1501:13-9-09 of the Administrative Code;
(6) Use of water wells shall comply with paragraph (O) of rule 1501:13-9-04 of the Administrative Code and water rights shall be protected in accordance with paragraph (P) of rule 1501:13-9-04 of the Administrative Code;
(11) Adverse effects upon or resulting from nearby underground coal mining operations shall be minimized by appropriate measures including, but not limited to, compliance with paragraph (Q) of rule 1501:13-9-04 of the Administrative Code and rule 1501:13-9-08 of the Administrative Code;
(12) Conveyors, buildings, storage bins or stockpiles, water treatment facilities, water storage facilities, and any structure or system related to the coal preparation plant shall comply with rules 1501:13-9-01 to 1501:13-9-17 , 1501:13-10-01 , 1501:13-11-01 and 1501:13-11-02 of the Administrative Code;
(14) All exposed surface areas shall be protected and stabilized to control erosion and air pollution attendant to erosion effectively; and
(15) Reclamation shall follow proper topsoil handling, backfilling and grading, revegetation, and postmining land use procedures in accordance with these rules.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/06/2009 and 04/20/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1513.02
Rule Amplifies: 1513.16
Prior Effective Dates: 10/27/82, 10/1/88, 1/1/93