(A)(1) The chief, in cooperation with the local districts, the "Ohio Municipal League," the "County Commissioners Association of Ohio," and "County Engineers Association of Ohio," shall inform counties, townships, municipal corporations, and planning and management agencies of the state standards related to sediment pollution control.
(2) The chief shall provide model sediment pollution control regulations and guidance in the development, adoption and implementation of sediment pollution control programs to municipal corporations, counties or other units of government.
(B) The chief shall:
(1) Recommend to existing and prospective planning agencies methods and management practices to meet state standards and criteria relating to sediment pollution control, as reflected in rules 1501:15-1-01 to 1501:15-1-06 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Provide administrative guidance to districts in planning, budgeting, staffing, implementing, and administering the sediment pollution abatement program and the training of district supervisors and personnel in their duties, responsibilities and authorities.
(3) Coordinate the development and implementation of cooperative programs and working agreements between districts and other agencies of local, state, and federal government regarding the sediment pollution abatement program.
(4) Review and approve the erosion and sediment control policies and standards of state government agencies and programs for their compliance with these rules.
(5) Assist in developing technical guides and publications and conducting information and training programs for the development and building industries, local governments, and consultants.
(6) Review plans to ensure compliance with rules 1501:15-1-01 to 1501:15-1-06 of the Administrative Code for new or relocated projects involving highways, underground cables, pipelines or railroads; or other state and federal agency projects which are required to control sediment pollution pursuant to any applicable statutory or administrative authority.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/18/2005 and 07/18/2010
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1511.02(E)
Prior Effective Dates: 11/1/79, 11/30/89