(A) Each periodic inspection shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Review and analysis of available data on the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the dam or levee, and its appurtenances;
(2) Visual inspection of the dam or levee, its appurtenances, the downstream area, and all other areas potentially affected by the structure;
(3) Evaluation of the general conditions of the dam or levee, and its appurtenances which may include assessment of the hydrologic and hydraulic capabilities, structural stabilities, and any other conditions which constitute or could constitute a hazard to the integrity of the structure;
(4) Evaluation of operation, maintenance, and inspection procedures for the structure.; and
(5) Evaluation of the emergency action plan for the structure.
(B) The findings of the periodic inspection shall be presented in a written report that shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) An assessment of the conditions of the dam or levee based on the visual observations, available data on the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the structure, and hydrologic, hydraulic, stability, and other evaluations;
(2) Recommendations for any emergency measures and/or actions;
(3) Recommendations for remedial and corrective measures and/or actions relating to design, construction, operation, maintenance, and inspection of the structure;
(4) Recommendations for additional detailed studies, investigations, and analyses;
(5) Recommendations for time periods appropriate for implementing any necessary emergency, remedial, or corrective measures and/or actions, and any necessary additional studies, investigations, or analyses.
(C) The chief shall furnish a copy of the written report of the periodic inspection to the owner, detailing any required repairs, improvements, maintenance, investigations, studies, analyses, tests, or other remedial measures to the dam or levee needed to safeguard life, health, or property. The chief shall advise the owner of the time period in which all required measures and actions shall be accomplished.