In accordance with division (I)(2) of section 1547.31 of the Revised Code, the following shall be required when conducting a powercraft noise level test:
(A) A sound meter which meets type 1 or type 2 specifications and SAE J 1970 and SAE J 2005 standards shall be used;
(B) A sound level calibrator shall be used to calibrate the sound level meter. The sound level calibrator shall meet all SAE J 1970 and SAE J 2005 standards; and
(C) A sound level test shall be conducted in accordance with all manufacturer specifications pertaining to the specific sound level meter used.
(D) The operator of a powercraft that requests a letter of exemption for the purpose of testing, development, or both shall identify the powercraft concerning which the letter is issued by providing the following information in a letter addressed to the "Chief of the Division of Watercraft; 2045 Morse Road, A-3; Columbus, Ohio 43229. "
(1) Hull identification number;
(4) Other specific identifying characteristics;
(5) Purpose for operation;
(6) Effective time or date of exemption; and
(7) Date(s) for exemption request.
(E) Requirements for the training of law enforcement officers who conduct powercraft noise level tests shall include the following:
(1) Site selection where noise level is measured;
(2) Calibration requirements; and
(3) Use of specific sound meter devices.