(A) No application for a water diversion permit shall be granted if the director determines any of the following to be true:
(1) During the expected life of the diversion, some or all of the water to be diverted will be needed for use within the basin.
(2) The proposed diversion will endanger the public health, safety and welfare.
(3) The applicant has not demonstrated that the proposed diversion is a reasonable and beneficial use and is necessary to serve the applicant's present and future needs;
(4) The applicant has not demonstrated that reasonable efforts have been made to develop and conserve water resources in the importing basin and that further development of those resources would engender overriding, adverse economic, social, or environmental impacts;
(5) The proposed diversion is inconsistent with regional or state water resources plans;
(6) The proposed diversion, alone or in combination with other diversions and water losses, will have a significant adverse impact on in-stream uses or on economic or ecologic aspects of water levels.
(B) If at any time the director discovers material discrepancies in an application due to invalid or untrue information, he may suspend, revoke or deny any permit issued under it.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: R.C. 1501.31
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 1501.32
Prior Effective Dates: 11/28/85, 11/28/90, 11/28/95, 11/28/00