(A) The following regulations shall apply to the hunting of waterfowl in a portion of or on state and federal waterfowl management areas, comprised of Mercer wildlife area, Mercer county; Ottawa national wildlife refuge, Lucas and Ottawa counties; Pickerel creek, Sandusky county; Killdeer plains wildlife area, Wyandot and Marion counties; and Mosquito creek wildlife area, Trumbull county; Grand river wildlife area, Trumbull county; Killbuck wildlife area, Wayne and Holmes counties pipe creek wildlife area in Erie county and Magee marsh wildlife area in Ottawa and Lucas counties.
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt upon the above-named wildlife management areas at any time, except on Pickerel creek, Mosquito creek, Grand river and Killdeer plains where hunting is permitted except on the area posted with signs reading "Restricted Zone Trespassing Unlawful," "Controlled Waterfowl Hunting Area" or "No Trespassing Zone."
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess any species of waterfowl taken within a waterfowl management area, after two hours of the conclusion of their permitted hunt, that was not taken to a wildlife check station for inspection. Provided further, it shall be unlawful for any hunter to leave Pickerel creek wildlife area who has not returned his or her daily permit to the check station within two hours after the end of the day's hunt.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt within a waterfowl management area without a permit issued by the wildlife division stating times and dates for which the permit is valid.
(4) It shall be unlawful for any person to trespass without a permit within a waterfowl management area when posted with signs reading "Permit Required" or "Controlled Waterfowl Hunting Area."
(5) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt or shoot any place on a waterfowl management area except within seventy-five yards of his assigned blind or from within their assigned zone, except for the purpose of killing waterfowl which has been crippled.
(6) It shall be unlawful for any person to use or possess more than twenty-five shells or any combination of those used and possessed, the total of which exceeds twenty-five within the confines of a waterfowl management area, except on those portions of Mosquito creek operated as a same-day drawing, Grand river, Pickerel creek, Ottawa national wildlife refuge and Killdeer plains where the total will be twenty-five shells.
(7) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt more than one time during a season on each of the waterfowl management areas, except at Pickerel creek, Killdeer plains, Killbuck, Pipe creek wildlife area and those portions of Mosquito creek and Grand river using a same-day drawing system.
(8) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt more than one time during the portion of waterfowl season from opening day through the weekend after Thanksgiving on Magee marsh wildlife area. This paragraph shall not apply during the month of September.
(9) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt any wild animal except the species specified on the permit while on a state or federal-operated waterfowl management area.
(10) It shall be lawful to hunt teal during the special teal season at any legal time.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/06/2012 and 04/17/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1531.06, 1531.08
Rule Amplifies: 1531.06, 1531.08
Prior Effective Dates: 5-1-76; 6-1-78; 6-1-79; 6-1-81; 6-1-84; 4-20-87; 7-1-89; 7-31-90; 8-11-91; 6-7-93; 5-16-94; 8-15-95; 6-1-97; 6-1-99; 7-5-00; 7-19-02, 7/1/2011