(A) The following regulations shall apply to the hunting of waterfowl in a portion of or on state and federal waterfowl management areas, comprised of Pickerel creek wildlife area, Sandusky county; Killdeer plains wildlife area, Wyandot and Marion counties; Mosquito creek wildlife area, Trumbull county; Grand river wildlife area, Trumbull county; and Killbuck wildlife area, Wayne and Holmes counties .
(1) Unless otherwise specified in Administrative Code, it shall be unlawful for any person to hunt upon the above-named wildlife management areas at any time on the areas posted with signs reading "Restricted Zone Trespassing Unlawful," or "No Trespassing Zone."
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess any species of waterfowl taken within a waterfowl management area, after two hours of the conclusion of their permitted hunt, that was not taken to a wildlife check station for inspection. Provided further, it shall be unlawful for any hunter to leave Pickerel creek wildlife area who has not returned his or her daily permit to the check station within two hours after the end of the day's hunt.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt within an area posted with signs reading "Controlled Waterfowl Hunting Area" on the above-named waterfowl management areas without a permit issued by the wildlife division stating times and dates for which the permit is valid.
(4) It shall be unlawful for any person to trespass without a permit within a waterfowl management area when posted with signs reading "Permit Required" or "Controlled Waterfowl Hunting Area."
(5) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt or shoot any place on a waterfowl management area except within seventy-five yards of his assigned blind or from within their assigned zone, except for the purpose of killing waterfowl which has been crippled.
(6) It shall be unlawful for any person to use or possess more than twenty-five shells or any combination of those used and possessed, the total of which exceeds twenty-five within the confines of a waterfowl management area listed in paragraph (A) of this rule.
(7) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt any wild animal except the species specified on the permit while on a state or federal-operated waterfowl management area.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 3/21/2018 and 07/07/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1531.06, 1531.08, 1531.10
Rule Amplifies: 1531.06, 1531.081531.10
Prior Effective Dates: 05/01/1976, 06/01/1978, 06/01/1979, 06/01/1981, 06/01/1984, 04/20/1987, 07/01/1989, 07/31/1990, 08/11/1991, 06/07/1993, 05/16/1994, 08/15/1995, 06/01/1997, 06/01/1999, 07/05/2000, 07/19/2002, 07/01/2011, 07/01/2012