Chapter 1501:31-21 Waterfowl Hunting
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 1501:31-21-01
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/29/2010
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1531.08, 1533.81
Rule Amplifies: 1531.08, 1533.81
Prior Effective Dates: 5-1-76; 1-2-81; 6-1-84; 6-1-85; 6-1-88; 7-31-90; 3-1-98; 6-1-99; 7-5-00, 9-24-02; 9-24-07
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person to place, construct, maintain, or use a waterfowl blind on state and federal property at Mosquito reservoir, state property at lake St. Marys, and Clark lake wildlife area without first obtaining a written permit from the chief of the division or his authorized agent.
(1) Application for such blinds may be made beginning at eight a.m., on the morning of the third Saturday of August, annually, at the wildlife hunter checking station at the Mosquito reservoir and St. Marys areas. Applications for Clark lake blinds will be accepted at the district five office in Xenia, Ohio beginning at eight a.m. on the third Saturday in August.
(2) Persons receiving a division duck blind permit shall construct a blind on the designated location within forty-five days after the issuance of said permit. Failure to comply shall cause the forfeiture of the location.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any person to apply for more than one blind or apply or draw for a blind for another person.
(4) No person shall draw for a blind until they exhibit their Ohio hunting license and proof of purchase of their Ohio wetlands habitat stamp for the current year, and their federal migratory bird stamp from the previous year or current year. Persons under sixteen years of age are not required to possess an Ohio wetlands habitat stamp or federal migratory bird stamp to participate, however they must possess a valid youth hunting license.
(5) No person shall construct a duck blind on lake St. Marys, Mosquito reservoir, or Clark lake wildlife area except within twenty-five yards of the stake placed by the division of wildlife at the location drawn by such person.
(6) It shall be unlawful for any person to construct or place a blind on lake St. Marys, Mosquito reservoir, or Clark lake wildlife area that does not have attached to the blind the name and address of said person. The name and address shall be attached immediately upon completion of construction. Further, the permit holder described in paragraph (A) of this rule shall be responsible for removal of any blind placed or constructed on a public hunting area or any other state or federal property no later than thirty days after the close of the annual duck or goose season, whichever closes last.
It shall be unlawful for any person to fail to remove blinds seven through thirteen and blind number ninety if attached to a stake on Grand Lake St. Marys no later than the second Sunday in December. Furthermore, it shall be lawful to use floater blinds at these sites during the season.
(7) It shall be unlawful for any person to fail to remove any stakes or any part of a structure built for or used as a means of concealment by waterfowl hunters in lake St. Marys, Mosquito reservoir, or Clark lake wildlife area.
(8) It shall be unlawful for any person to construct a blind made of metal or to use metal stakes for blinds at lake St. Marys, Mosquito reservoir, or Clark lake wildlife area.
(9) It shall be unlawful for any person to attach waterfowl blinds twelve to nineteen to a stake at lake St. Marys. Further, no person shall place a stake within one hundred yards of waterfowl blinds fourteen to nineteen in Lake St. Marys.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 1501:31-21-02
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 7/11/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1531.06, 1531.08, 1531.10
Rule Amplifies: 1531.06, 1531.08, 1531.10
Prior Effective Dates: 8/31/75, 6/1/78, 6/1/79, 6/1/82, 6/1/88, 7/1/89, 8/10/96, 5/28/04, 5/27/05, 7/1/09, 7/11/2013