(A) First-time applicants for an Ohio fishing guide license shall submit their coast guard license or a notarized copy of same along with their application and fee. Applicants for a fishing guide license renewal must submit their coast guard license or a notarized copy of same only when their coast guard license has been renewed after obtaining their previous year's fishing guide license. This paragraph shall not apply to fishing guides who use their licenses only to guide fishermen to ice shanties.
(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to make a copy of an Ohio fishing guide license. The individual in command of a boat or in charge of an ice guide service shall possess his original fishing guide license when guide services are being performed and shall exhibit it upon demand to any game protector or other law enforcement officer who has authority to enforce the wildlife, hunting, and fishing laws.
(C) It shall be unlawful for any individual to operate on lake erie as a fishing guide without possessing a valid Ohio fishing guide license. Provided further, persons properly licensed as a fishing guide shall be exempt from keeping catch reports as required in section 1533.511 of the Revised Code.
(D) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate on lake Erie a boat for consideration or hire as a fishing guide boat without displaying a fishing guide decal furnished by the division of wildlife.
(E) The fishing guide decal shall be:
(1) In a form prescribed by the chief of the division of wildlife.
(2) Serialized with a different number on each decal.
(3) Issued annually.
(4) Valid on April sixteenth of each year and expire on the following April fifteenth.
(5) Displayed in the inside lower left corner of the front windshield of a boat, or when no windshield is present, displayed on the exterior of the boat stern in the upper left corner.
(F) It shall be unlawful for:
(1) A person to display on a boat an expired fishing guide decal.
(2) A person to display on a boat a fishing guide decal issued to another person, except when it is displayed in addition to the one issued to the person performing as a fishing guide.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1531.08 , 1533.51 , 1533.511
Rule Amplifies: 1531.08 , 1533.51 , 1533.511
Prior Effective Dates: 6/8/87, 6/1/88, 1/15/94, 5/19/95, 4/28/98