(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to use a watercraft mooring or tie-up stake on any property administered or controlled by the division of wildlife without first having complied with the requirements of rule 1501:31-9-06 of the Administrative Code("User fee schedule").
(C) It shall be unlawful for any person to anchor, dock, moor, beach, or tie up any watercraft or leave any watercraft unattended for a period in excess of eight consecutive hours on the Resthaven wildlife area, Margaretta township, Erie county, Ohio.
(D) Watercraft, except watercraft occupied continuously by persons fishing or hunting rails, gallinules, or waterfowl shall not be anchored, docked, moored, beached, tied up or left unattended by any person on any land or water area of the division of wildlife for a period of time in excess of four hours unless such watercraft is anchored, docked, moored, beached, or tied up at a division-designated public docking area.
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to anchor, dock, moor, beach, tie up or leave unattended for a period in excess of forty-eight hours, more than one watercraft on any lake administered or controlled by the wildlife division except as herein provided.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person to dock, moor, tie up, leave unattended, or control more than one watercraft at a wildlife division public docking area.
(3) The provisions of this rule and provisions in rule 1501:31-5-02 of the Administrative Code shall not apply to concessionaires properly licensed by the department of natural resources, to rent watercraft to the public, or watercraft owned by any division within the department of natural resources, or watercraft owned by any agency of the federal government or any political subdivision.
(4) It shall be unlawful for any person to anchor, dock, moor, beach, or tie up any watercraft at a division-designated public docking area from December first to March first of the following year excepting therefrom, waterfowl hunters having a tie-up permit may use such areas during the waterfowl season.
(5) It shall be unlawful for any person to anchor, dock, moor, beach, or tie up any watercraft to any designated division public docking area when such watercraft is not properly licensed or marked as required in Chapter 1547. of the Revised Code.
(E) Public boat docking areas are designated by signs and may be extended by the chief of the division at any time. Such areas are hereby established on the following water areas:
Oxbow lake, Defiance county; Zepernick lake, Columbiana county; Aquilla lake, Geauga county; Knox lake, Knox county; Veto lake, Washington county; Monroe lake, Monroe county; Zoar lake, Tuscarawas county; Clouse lake, Perry county; Grant lake, Brown county; Spring valley lake, Warren county; Clark lake, Clark county; Tycoon lake, Gallia county; Shreve lake, Wayne county; Ross lake, Ross county; Fox lake, Athens county; Highlandtown lake, Columbiana county; Rush Run lake, Preble county; Jackson lake, Jackson county; Spencer lake, Medina county.
(F) It shall be unlawful for any person to dock, moor, or tie up any watercraft at the division of wildlife dock at the state fish hatchery on South Bass island, Put-In-Bay township, Ottawa county, Ohio unless such person has official business at the state fish hatchery.
(G) It shall be unlawful for any person to anchor, beach, tie up or leave any watercraft unattended in the Metzger marsh boat launching channel, for a period in excess of four consecutive hours.
(H) For the benefit of rules in the Administrative Code, "watercraft" shall mean any contrivance used for navigation on water which is capable of carrying a passenger.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1531.06
Rule Amplifies: 1531.06
Prior Effective Dates: 05/01/1976, 01/02/1981, 06/01/1985, 07/31/1990