(A) Only owners of vessels used solely for recreational purposes are eligible for fee waiver for registration certificate, contingent on proof of eligibility as required by paragraph (B) of this rule.
(B) Persons applying for fee waiver for a registration certificate must show proof of ownership of the watercraft pursuant to Chapters 1547. and 1548. of the Revised Code and rules adopted thereunder and, in addition, shall submit as appropriate one of the following as proof of eligibility:
(1) Written verification from the veterans' administration of current one hundred per cent service-related disability.
(2) Written verification from the veterans' administration that the veteran has been or is awarded funds for the purchase of a motor vehicle under the Disabled Veterans' and Servicemens' Automobile Assistance Act of 1970, 84 Stat. 1998, 38 U.S.C. 1901, and amendments thereto.
(3) Written verification from the veterans' administration of prisoner of war status from the U.S. armed services.
(4) A certified copy of the U.S. armed services separation paper showing prisoner of war status.
(5) Written verification from the armed service of a country allied with the United States during world war II that the veteran, as a U.S. citizen at the time of the appointment, enrollment, or enlistment, was made a prisoner of war during world war II.
(6) Written verification from any agency or branch of the U.S. government of receipt of the congressional medal of honor.
(C) Applicants shall verify eligibility for fee waiver each time a watercraft registration certificate is required.
(D) All documents sent to the division of parks and watercraft shall be retained and become the property of the division of parks and watercraft.
(E) Application for watercraft registration certificate, proof of ownership, and verification of fee waiver eligibility shall be submitted to:
"Ohio Department of Natural Resources,
Division of Parks and Watercraft,
2045 Morse Road, Building A-1,
Columbus, Ohio 43229"
(F) Annually, by the fifteenth day of January, the director of natural resources shall determine the amount of fees that would have been collected in the prior calendar year for each registration certificate issued or renewed pursuant to paragraphs (A), (B), and (C) of this rule and certify the total amount of foregone revenue to the director of budget and management for reimbursement from the general revenue fund to the waterways safety fund created pursuant to section 1547.75 of the Revised Code.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 4/28/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1546.04
Rule Amplifies: 1547.54
Prior Effective Dates: 06/30/1988 (Emer.), 09/09/1988, 10/10/1990, 09/01/1999, 04/17/2007