For the purposes of this rule, "waters of the district" means any water areas within the boundaries of any park and any waters under the management authority of the Medina county park district.
(A) Except upon the waters of Chippewa lake, it shall be unlawful to operate or permit the operation of any powercraft other than a powercraft propelled by an electric motor.
(1) No powercraft propelled by an electric motor or combination of electric motors shall exceed a total combined horsepower rating of ten horsepower except upon the waters of Chippewa lake.
(2) Upon the waters of Chippewa lake, no vessel shall be propelled by a motor or combination of motors with a total combined horsepower rating in excess of three hundred, ninety-nine horsepower.
The administrator of the Medina county park district, or the administrator's designee, may grant written permission for vessels exceeding the horsepower limits or motor restrictions established in this rule to operate on waters of the district if it is determined that the public safety will be adequately protected. Such a permit may be issued to park district personnel and contracted service providers for law enforcement, training, rescue, salvage, testing, and maintenance activities when necessary for safe and efficient operations. Written permission allowing for the operation of vessels that exceed established horsepower limits or motor restrictions may also be issued to the owners or operators of recreational vessels and commercial passenger carrying vessels when it is determined that greater horsepower is necessary for safe operations due to the size, shape, and weight of such vessels.
(B) No person shall operate, or permit to be operated, a powercraft at a speed in excess of idle speed on any waters of the district from sunset to sunrise local time.
(C) No person shall voluntarily leave any vessel to swim in district waters except in a designated boater swim area.
(D) The operation of submersibles, seaplanes, hovercraft, mechanically propelled airboats, wing-in-ground craft, and ski-free mechanisms is prohibited on all waters of the district.
(E) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate or allow the operation of any mechanically powered apparatus, device, contrivance, or combination of a mechanically powered recreational vessel and any towable apparatus, device, or contrivance to become airborne over the waters of the district.
(1) No person, while operating a powercraft, shall tow or allow the towing of any person using an apparatus, device, or other contrivance for the purpose of becoming airborne over the waters of the district.
(2) No person shall utilize any device, or allow the utilization of any apparatus, device, or contrivance designed or used for the purpose of becoming airborne over the waters of the district while being towed by a powercraft.
(3) No person shall use any hydro jet device while operating upon waters of the district.
For the purposes of this rule, "hydro jet device" means a modular apparatus that is tethered to a mechanically powered recreational vessel or other type of power unit by a hose or conduit that delivers pressurized water allowing the device to utilize water jets for the purpose of allowing an operator or passenger to maneuver along the surface of the water, ascend above the surface of the water, or dive below the surface of the water by means of controlling the thrust and direction of the water jets.
Use of any sailboard or kite board, as defined in section 1547.532 of the Revised Code, shall be permitted on waters of the district, provided that any such vessel is operated in a safe manner and does not interfere with the navigation of other vessels.
(F) No person shall possess or overtly and publicly consume or display the presence of any beer or intoxicating liquor, as defined in section 4301.01 of the Revised Code, while occupying any vessel on the waters of the district.
(G) No person shall use, access, moor, tie-up or otherwise secure a vessel to a privately held dock or park district dock designated for seasonal contractual use without permission of the owner or contracted lessee except in emergency situations or in storm conditions which constitute a hazard to the safety of any persons or property involved.
(H) No person shall operate or permit the operation of a powercraft at a speed greater than idle speed on waters of the district or at a speed that creates at wake at any time when warning flags are posted.