(A) The commission, or its hearing officer, on its own initiative or at the request of any party, may schedule and hold pre-hearing conferences regarding issues on appeal.
(B) Whenever a pre-hearing conference is held, the commission, or its hearing officer, may issue an order which recites the matters discussed, the agreements reached, and the rulings made at the pre-hearing conference.
(C) The commission, or its hearing officer, may require the filing of a pre-hearing statement by the parties to an appeal. The commission may require the statement to:
(1) Inform the commission in detail of the factual and legal issues which the case presents;
(2) Include all exhibits which are to be introduced in evidence;
(3) Outline the expected testimony of witnesses on controverted factual issues;
(4) Set forth the party's position on legal issues, including any significant evidentiary questions, and the authorities in support thereof;
(5) Include copies of available opinions and reports of all persons who may be called as expert witnesses.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/03/2013 and 10/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1513.05
Rule Amplifies: 1513.13 , 1513.131 , 1514.09
Prior Effective Dates: 11/1/1984, 3/7/1986, 2/5/1999, 1/26/2009