(A) Written notice of the time, place and nature of any hearing shall be given by the commission to all parties to, and persons interested in, an appeal at least five days before the hearing is held .
(B) Written notice of hearing shall be mailed to the parties by certified mail.
(C) If temporary relief is requested, the commission may give oral or written notice of the hearing at any reasonable time prior to the scheduled temporary relief hearing.
(D) Continuance of scheduled hearings.
(1) The commission may continue any hearing upon its own motion or may continue any hearing upon motion of any party, and upon the party's showing of good cause and proper diligence .
(2) Motions for continuance of a hearing must be filed with the commission and served upon all parties to an appeal at least fourteen days in advance of a hearing.
(3) Motions for continuance made less than fourteen days before hearing or at hearing shall be granted only upon demonstration that an extraordinary situation exists which could not have been anticipated and which would justify the granting of a continuance.
(4) Motions for continuance must state the reasons why a continuance is necessary.
(5) A request for continuance by any party who has a right to a hearing or decision within a prescribed time period, shall be viewed as a waiver of that party's right to a hearing or decision within such prescribed period.
(6) Resumptions of a hearing may be ordered by the commission in situations where a hearing cannot be concluded in the time initially set .
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/03/2013 and 10/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 1513.05
Rule Amplifies: 1513.13, 1514.09
Prior Effective Dates: 11/1/1984, 3/7/1986, 2/5/1999, 1/26/2009