(A) Conduct a pre-design phase for all contracts available for professional design services in order to determine the project scope of services and requirements, the project schedule, the conceptual schematic design, the project budget, and, if appropriate, soil boring and testing, and other analyses.
(B) Upon completion of the pre-design phase, the project shall be announced.
(1) The announcement of the project requirements and scope of services shall be made in a uniform and consistent manner in advance of the time that proposals are received.
(2) The announcement shall include a description of the project, a statement of the specific professional design services required, and a description of the qualifications required for the project.
(3) The announcement shall indicate how qualified professional design firms may submit a proposal or statement of qualifications in order to be considered for a contract to design the project.
(4) The announcement shall be sent to either of the following:
(a) Each professional design firm that has a current statement of qualifications on file and is qualified to perform the required, professional design services;
(b) Architect, landscape architect, engineer, and surveyor trade associations, the news media, and any publications or other public media deemed appropriate.
(5) The announcement can be in the form of a bulletin called the "Ohio Department of Transportation Register". Such bulletin shall include the following:
(a) Proposed requests for design services, with a description of the project, a statement of the specific professional design services required, and a description of the qualifications required for the project;
(b) For each design services project, the list of firms selected pursuant to paragraph (C) of rule 153:2-1-05 of the Administrative Code;
(c) Notice of awards of contracts for design services, including fees;
(d) Notice of awards for construction contracts.