(A) Allowable and non-allowable district administrative costs are defined as follows:
(1) Allowable costs directly incurred as a result of the need for labor, materials, supplies, equipment, travel and support services to perform the statutory requirements of the district integrating committee as established by sections 164.06 and 164.14 of the Revised Code. Including:
(a) The cost necessary for the evaluation, ranking and selection of applications submitted by subdivisions.
(b) The cost necessary for the district committee to assist its subdivisions in the preparation and coordination of project plans.
(c) The cost necessary for the district to comply with reporting requirements of the Ohio public works commission.
Allowable costs are limited to the direct costs of district administration associated with staff support and reimbursable expenses of a supporting agency or contracted services as approved by the director in the district's work plan and budget.
(2) Non-allowable costs associated with the general governance of local subdivisions and their preparation of applications, inventories reports or plans necessary to meet the eligibility requirements of the Ohio public works commission. Including:
(a) Elected officials salaries and benefits.
(b) Specific costs of any project considered or approved for funding by the commission.
(c) Indirect costs.
(1) District administrative costs; necessary direct staff and support costs of district integrating committees to perform their statutory responsibilities under sections 164.06 and 164.14 of the Revised Code.
(2) Director; the director of the Ohio public works commission.
(3) Work plan; an annual summary of functions and tasks to be performed on behalf of each district committee to meet their statutory responsibilities under sections 164.06 and 164.14 of the Revised Code.
(4) Budget; the estimated annual expenses to carry out the work plan of the district detailing direct costs for labor, materials, supplies, equipment, travel and support or contracted services.
(5) Contractor; the entity nominated by the district integrating committee to carry out its work plan and with whom the director enters into a professional services contract, or inter governmental service agreement on behalf of the district.
(6) Supporting agency; a local subdivision nominated by the district integrating committee to provide administrative support to carry out its work plan and with whom the director approves and authorizes reimbursement of allowable costs.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 6/21/2018 and 05/01/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 164.05
Rule Amplifies: 164.05 , 164.06, 164.14
Prior Effective Dates: 01/07/1992 (Emer.), 03/23/1992