Chapter 173-1 General Provisions
Rescinded eff 6-11-09
(A) Any time the Ohio department of aging (ODA) proposes to adopt, amend, or rescind a rule under section 119.03 of the Revised Code, ODA shall give a reasonable public notice in the register of Ohio at least thirty days before the date ODA sets for the public hearing, as prescribed by division (A) of section 119.03 of the Revised Code. In the notice, ODA shall include the following:
(1) A statement of ODA's intention to consider adopting, amending, or rescinding a rule.
(2) A synopsis of the proposed rule, amendment, or rule that ODA proposes to rescind or a general statement of the subject matter to which the proposed rule, amendment, or rescission relates.
(3) A statement of the reason or purpose for adopting, amending, or rescinding the rule.
(4) The date, time, and place of a hearing on the proposed action, which ODA shall set no earlier than the thirty-first nor later than the fortieth day after ODA files the proposed rule, amendment, or rescission under division (B) of section 119.03 of the Revised Code.
(B) ODA shall promptly provide an electronic copy of the public notice to any person who requests it without charge. ODA shall promptly provide a paper copy of the public notice to any person who requests it and pays a reasonable fee that does not exceed the actual cost of copying and mailing. If the person making the request for a paper copy is affected by the proposed rule, ODA shall provide the paper copy without charge. Although ODA shall respond to all requests for a paper copy promptly, ODA cannot guarantee the provision of a paper copy thirty days before the public hearing unless the request is postmarked at least forty days before the hearing's date.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/10/2016 and 02/01/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.01, 173.02
Rule Amplifies: 119.03
Prior Effective Dates: 09/09/1979, 04/18/1987, 02/10/1997, 05/15/2000, 10/03/2002, 05/13/2007, 06/11/2009, 01/01/2015
(A) Any person may learn the time and place of any and all regularly scheduled public meetings held by the Ohio department of aging (ODA) by:
(1) Viewing the notice on https://aging.ohio.gov/.
(2) Emailing such request to email@example.com.
(3) Contacting ODA by telephone (1-800-266-4346 or 1-614-466-5500).
(B) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, notice shall be given no later than twenty-four hours prior to the time of the special meeting.
(C) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature requiring immediate, official action, notice shall be given as soon as reasonably possible.
(D) ODA shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all public meetings at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. No later than ten days prior to each regular meeting, ODA shall send notice by electronic mail to such persons.
Rescinded eff 5-13-07