(A) Introduction: Chapter 173-11 of the Administrative Code describes the eligibility criteria for grants from the senior facilities program under section 173.11 of the Revised Code, the application process for the grants, the requirements for a grant recipient, and ODA's reversionary interest in projects funded by the grants.
(B) Definitions for this chapter:
(1) "Area agency on aging" ("AAA") means a public or nonprofit agency that ODA designates, under Section 305 of the Older Americans Act, to serve as an area agency on aging. Each AAA receives state and federal funds from ODA to administer aging-related programs within a particular PSA.
(2) "Director" means the director of ODA.
(3) "Facility" means the actual physical structure of a building or part of a building, or the permanent fixtures used in the operation of a building or part of a building utilized as a senior center.
(4) "Focal point" means a highly-visible facility designated by an AAA as an ideal location as a focal point, under Section 306 of the Older Americans Act, where anyone in the community may obtain information and access to services for older persons and that encourages the maximum collocation and coordination of services.
(5) "ODA" means "the Ohio department of aging."
(6) "Older adult" means any person sixty years of age or older.
(7) "Older Americans Act" means the "Older Americans Act of 1965," 79 Stat. 219, 42 U.S.C. 3001, as amended in 2006.
(8) "Planning and service area" ("PSA") means a geographical region of Ohio, the boundaries of which ODA designates under Section 305 of the Older Americans Act. Each PSA is listed in rule 173-1-03 of the Administrative Code.
(9) "Project" means an activity for which funding is sought or provided by the ODA.
(10) "Senior center" means an existing or proposed facility in which emphasis is placed upon the provision of services to older adults.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/30/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 173.02, 173.11
Rule Amplifies: 173.11, 173.12
Prior Effective Dates: 12/7/79, 1/2/1998, 8/19/2000